Monday 26 January 2015

Sunny Sunday Afternoon

We had a lovely sunny afternoon at Brimstage Hall. It's a sweet old sandstone stables, courtyard and hall that has been converted into shops and cafes. Perfect for a Sunday outing. I'm very lucky as it is only a ten minute drive from my house!
There are all sorts of shops to have a look round and lots of the pieces are hand crafted. There are beautiful home decor items, original art works and antiques. It's one of my favourite places to go to look round. Sadly my favourite, the craft shop has closed down but I think my Hubby was a little relieved as I can go a bit spend crazy in their. 
Tradition dictates that a trip to Brimstage Hall is not complete without a visit to the Country Mouse Restaurant and Tea Room for a hot chocolate and cake. We had a delicious and warm Eccles Cake, which is spiced currants in flaky puff pastry originating from Eccles in Lancashire.
We decided to walk of our cake on the banks of the River Dee with a gorgeous view of Wales. Which certainly blew the cobwebs away! 
After that we retreated inside to the warmth of a blanket and a Harry Potter marathon! A pretty perfect Sunday. 

I hope you all had lovely weekend!
Much love
Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment